Saturday, January 2, 2010

Spot the difference




CLICK THE PICS TO ENLARGE!
I know these photos have been making the rounds already but I wanted to post them anyway for all my ladies who haven't had a chance to see them. Take a good look at these pictures. Seriously, who looks more appealing? These are from a photo shoot by Terry Richardson that appeared in V magazine. The girl on the left is a standard model (size 6) while the girl on the right is a plus size (probably size 12). I'm really looking hard at these pics...and you know what? I think the supposed fat girl actually rocks that shit better. And i'm not just saying that because I think it's the right thing to say. I mean, she really does look better in my eyes. The standard model chick looks hot too but when you put her side by side against Size 12, she looks kinda stick-insect like, and shapeless. Whereas the girl on the right has great shape to her legs and slammin hips. It IS hard for me to say that the bigger girl looks better because those that know me KNOW that I am always going on about losing weight and wanting to get all Nicole Ritchie on my ass. The truth is I do feel better when I've lost a couple of kilos - I feel lighter, clothes fit better, and I have more confidence. But when I look at these photos I think maybe it ain't so bad having a few extra kilos. Everyone says it, but it's true - curves are sexy.

Of course, there is a line. There are health factors involved - being obese is not OK...but you can have some extra meat on your bones as long as you eat a nutritious diet and exercise. In this case, it really is what's on the inside that counts. And just being a size 8 doesn't automatically mean you're healthy or fit! I know some skinny bitches who would pass out after running 10 minutes on the treadmill while a girl twice her size could run for twice as long.

On a side note, the thing that everyone talks about is the media's pressure on women, mainly from magazines. These photos further suggest that this is true. We do constantly see these skinny models in magazines and we are programmed to think this is what IDEAL beauty is. On top of that we have mens magazines portraying the typical big breasted, skinny waisted, hourglass shaped girls...and we're meant to live up to that? Are guys looking at these pictures and comparing us "normal" girls to them? Because they might say they're not, but subconsciously I bet they are. This worries me. Anyway I digress. The point is, ROCK THOSE CURVES. And I'm talking to all my friends who complain about their size! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! I will endeavour to tell myself that too if you bitches start believing it ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment