Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Karate Kid Remake!

Ah shiiiiiiet. We all loved the Karate Kid. I had a major crush on Ralph Macchio. He was like this cute, miniature Joey Tribbiani, except with brains. The first movie was released in 1984...now 26 years later comes the remake. I must admit, after watching the trailer I'm just a leeeeeedle bit excited.

First thing you notice is, the Karate Kid no longer resembles a cute little Italian James Dean...he actually looks sorta like a mini Will Smith. Hang on a sec, on closer inspection, it IS a mini Will Smith! It's Jaden Smith, his son, who plays Dre Parker, the title character.

Second thing you notice is, BAM!! Jackie Chan!! Where the hell has he been hiding? Mr Chan plays Mr Han, the "Miyagi" of the film. Aaaah, Mr Miyagi. What a cool dude. Err...anyway, we've got Will Smith's son teamed up with Jackie Chan in a modern version of one of the most kick ass movies of all time??? This is freakin insane.

I do have some doubt in the success of this movie considering how totally awesome the originals were, but I think the producers of the remake have done well by taking elements of the old films and putting a new twist on it, having a bit of fun with some of our favourite moments. Plus, pretty much anything that Jackie Chan touches turns to gold. I can't wait to see this movie! What do u guys reckon? Peep the trailer!


1 comment:

  1. I Peed In My Panyies Too.
    Me & My Cuzzins Were Tha Biggest Wax On Wax Off Fanz
    Back In The 80's Too.
    I Cant Wait 2 C It.
    Jackie & Jaden R Gonna Kill It That's For Sure...

    ReplyDelete